Guidelines to Greatness
In the hallways students will...
- 1. walk in straight, silent lines and face the front.
- 2. walk on the right-hand side of the hallway.
- 3. follow these rules even when you are not with your
- 4. be courteous to everyone.
In the restrooms students will...
- 1. not take anything unnecessary with them.
- 2. keep their hands and eyes to themselves.
- 3. flush the toilet after they have used it.
- 4. wash their hands with soap and water.
- 5. use one or two paper towels to dry their hands.
- 6. put used paper towels in the trash can.
- 7. return to class or line silently without playing.
In an emergency students
- 1. be silent.
- 2. follow adult directions quickly.
- 3. stay calm.
In the cafeteria students will...
- 1. stand silently in a straight line.
- 2. know their lunch number.
- 3. say "please and thank you".
- 4. have two hands on their tray at all times.
- 5. stand silently behind their seats until everyone has their
- 6. use inside voices and the "T" for talking while having
While on the playground students will...
- 1. maintain a straight, silent line to and from the
- 2. keep hands and feet to themselves.
- 3. treat each other fairly and politely.
- 4. speak respectfully to one another.
- 5. place all garbage in trash cans.
- 6. wait their turn.
- 7. follow all adult directions, including how to use equipment
- 8. not throw rocks, sand, sticks or anything else that could
hurt another student.
- 9. not leave the playground area without permission.
During school assemblies students will...
- 1. enter and leave silently.
- 2. follow adult directions before, during and after
- 3. use the talking "T" while waiting for the assembly to
- 4. become silent when an adult stands ready at the front of the
- 5. be polite audience members.
Arrival and Dismissal
During arrival students will...
- 1. enter silently and walk in a line on the left hand side of
- 2. go only to their classroom or breakfast.
During dismissal students will...
- 1. walk in a straight, silent line and face the front.
- 2. keep their hands, feet, and book bags to themselves.
- 3. allow space for their book bags.
- 4. walk at all times.
- 5. follow all adult directions.
On the Bus
On the bus:
- 1. Respect others.
- 2. Enter the bus quickly, quietly, and respectfully and go only
to their assigned seat.
- 3. Remain seated and facing forward while the bus is moving.
Keep your back against the back of your seat.
- 4. Hold your backpack on your lap.
- 5. Keep backpacks, hands, feet, and all objects to yourself,
out of the aisles and away from the windows.
- 6. Nothing ever is thrown or put out of the bus windows.
- 7. Ask the bus driver's permission to raise or lower
- 8. Talk only with the people in your seat, using quiet
- 9. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before getting
out of your seat.
- 10. Then, politely, one at a time, exit the bus.
- 11. Cross in front of the bus and in front of the safety
- 12. Always walk to and from the bus stop. Use sidewalk to walk
to or from the bus. Do not walk down the middle of the street.
- 13. Always follow any other rules or directions given by the
- 14. Speak to the bus driver privately and respectfully if you
have any questions.