5th Grade Expectations
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 5TH GRADE STEP Up
- 5th grade uses AVID strategies in every classroom.
In order for this to be successful, students must
have the required school supplies. We will conduct binder checks
throughout the year to hold students accountable.
- Homework in 5th grade is not an
option. Students are required to complete homework weekly.
If no homework is assigned in a particular subject, students are
still required to study subject vocabulary or math facts.
- Students will carry their school laptops to and from school
daily. It will be their responsibility to
completely charge their device nightly. We will hold students
accountable for this responsibility as part of their homework
requirement. Parents are not allowed to use these computers
for their personal use. All activities done on the student issued
computer will be accessible to teacher and
- A daily snack and water bottle is allowed, however please
encourage your child to have healthy snacks.
Please refrain from sending in large size bags of candy or chips
- Attendance is vital in 5th grade.
It is very easy to fall behind and your child will have four
different teachers to which they will be accountable. Due to our
teaming, we begin teaching at 8:30 and end at 3:20. Tardies and
early check-outs will have a negative impact on their student
- We look forward to a wonderful successful year!